We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal account at wearaku.com (e.g. your name and email address)
- To process your orders (e.g. your name, address, date of birth and bank details)
- To be able to send text message notifications of delivery status (e.g. your mobile phone number)
- To be able to send you marketing offers such as newsletters and our catalogues (e.g. your email address, wish lists, your name and your postal address)
- To be able to contact you in the event of any problem with the delivery of your items (e.g. telephone number, address)
- To enable us to answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. your email address)
- To notify the winners in promotions (e.g. your email address, name, home address and telephone number)
- Managing your account by carrying out credit checks (e.g. name, address, date of birth)
- Disclosing your data to fraud prevention agencies.
- To be able to analyze your personal data to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information (e.g. name, buying habits)
- To be able to validate that you are of legal age for shopping online (e.g. date of birth)
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book keeping rules or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
Non-personal data is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal data with personal data. Lastly, we do not sell your details to third party marketing companies.
We email our users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, information about changes to our products and services, and notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional. However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the websites. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box if such checkbox is available at the points where personal data is collected or by contacting our customer care center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +92.21.388.99093. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within the text of the email. By using the websites and providing your mobile phone number, you hereby consent to receive autodialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing calls and text messages from or on behalf of us at the mobile number that you provide at sign-up. You understand that consent to receiving messages on your mobile device is not a condition of purchase and understand that message and data rates may apply. Additionally, should you choose to stop receiving such messages, you can contact us directly at email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes in the way we use personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Site or sending you an email. Users are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses or otherwise accesses the Application after such changes have been first posted.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
This is a Third Party website and is not owned or operated by Aga Khan University (AKU). AKU shall not be held responsible for security of this website, any information or data leakage. Through your use of this website, you may have the opportunity to engage in commercial or other transactions with a third party. You acknowledge that all transactions relating to any merchandise or services offered on this website, including but not limited to the purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery terms relating to such transactions, are agreed to solely between the third party or purchaser of such merchandise and services and that you will look solely to such third party to enforce any of your rights In the event of any problem with the products or services that you have purchased from a third party you agree that you will address such issues with the third party. AKU may not have the ability to accept returns or refund the purchase price for any transaction you complete with a third party through our Website. ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, MATERIALS, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE THIRD PARTY, AND NOT BY AKU